Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Weekend

Gorgeous weather this past weekend. I took off work early on Friday, grabbed lunch outside at Spice with Mike, then hit the driving range. Went better than Thursday, but still pretty rusty. Guess I didn't realize how long it's been since I picked up a club. Friday night had 2 bottles of red wine with Jo.

Saturday I slept in, Jo left for her cousin's bridal shower, and I got to work outside. Wanted to start with the chainsaw right away, but the neighbors were sitting out on their deck so I figured I'd wait awhile. Cleaned up the yard, put down some grass seed. Once the neighbors left, I spent a few hours cutting dead branches off the two enormous pine trees in the backyard. One tree was more dead than the other, so I cut higher branches off of that one... up to about 8 or 10 feet off the ground. The other tree I cut branches up to about 7 feet off the ground. Both look waaaay better than they did before. We had sushi at Akitas Saturday evening with Sam, Mike, Mallory.

Sunday we hit some York County wineries again - Moondancer, Allegro, Fiore (Maryland), and Naylor - then stopped to see some lab pups in Shrewsbury. Had Cuff's b-day dinner at Fireside that night. Great weekend.

No comments: